FLASH vb : to burst suddenly into view or perception; to appear suddenly <an idea ~ into her mind>

Friday, December 11, 2009

Further Oblivion

Orem now has an In-N-Out Burger.  It is housed in a brand new building which sits on University Pkwy, the main thoroughfare.  It's been in operation for quite some time now.  There are cars lined up at the drive through window for miles.  The parking lot is always full.  It's obviously a main attraction here. 

Somehow, I totally missed it.

When my husband asked if I wanted to stop at In-N-Out Burger tonight I said sure.  I'd been hearing people marvel about it for awhile now, so I thought it was our turn to go and check it out for ourselves. 

I wasn't quite sure where it was located.  When I found out it was on a street I drive down at least once a week, usually more, I was surprised.  When I discovered it was as close to the roadside as it could get, not hidden somewhere in the back of the shopping complex, I felt a little foolish.  How in the world could I have driven past this building for the last who knows how long and not even noticed it was being constructed?  Did they build it under a cloak of darkness?  Have I been partially blind for six months?  I'm not sure.  All I know is one day there was an empty parking lot next to Office Max and Mimi's.  Now there's a burger place.  What else is popping up in Orem when I'm not looking. . .

1 comment: